Remember how this piece had some very unusual hardware choices? 


Well you want to know why?

Because the handles are covering 2 EXTRA sets of holes. 

Ugh. I really don't enjoying filling holes, so finding the 2 extra didn't thrill me to pieces. 

But then, (cue infomercial music) I discovered Flat Head Hardwood Plugs!

They're $2.67 for a box of 50 and they are super easy to use. 


Just follow these 3 easy steps. 

1. Measure the holes and chose the right size plug. 


2. Line the plug up with the existing hole. 


3. And tap it in with a hammer. 


That's all! 

I wanted to compare the final results of the plugs to traditional wood filler.


The top 2 holes are filled with the plugs and the bottom 2 are filled with wood filler. 

Both lie flush with the drawers surface and both have taken the primer and paint equally well. 

I'm sold on these little guys! No gloppy wood filler, no sanding, no waiting. 

Good things do come in small packages. :)

PS I've gotten a few emails asking where to find these.
Answer: Home Depot! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top